Hey guys, Whoa here with a quick update. I realized we haven't been updating over here so I just pulled all the comics over from our DeviantArt Group and uploaded them here. So enjoy!
A classy cartoon about srs bsns.
Well. I'm not normally one to do this whole news bit, but here I am.
1. About a month ago Johnny mentioned in the previous post about the new Jakaesi deviantArt group. We've got a whole new bunch of talented artists joining the newly-dubbed "City of Jakaesi", where if you have a deviantArt account, you can join the rest of us in overdosed prescriptions of PURE INSANITY.
2. We've started up the Jakasts again! Head over to the Jakast section of the site to listen to the latest one. Be kind, for we're a bit rusty, but we manage to pull off not TWO parts, but THREE!
3. Quite possibly, comics uploaded by our new residents may very well find themselves uploaded up here for your enjoyment if you haven't already gone and looked at 'em on dA. That's still being discussed, but I suggest keeping an eye out for future updates nonetheless.
So yeah. Thanks for staying with us all this time, even though we don't have much to show for it. Jakaesi is alive and kicking, albeit in a different form from before, but it lives on. Be sure to check in here once in a while, 'cause we might surprise you!
Man, sure is dusty in here. I guess I'll just run down the big old list and tell you what's up.
1. Back in November, I think, the comic sorta broke. Mostly stemmed from Carey and I fighting. We're over it now, but still. It broke then.
2. We were planning on doing something else, but decided against it last night.
3. Carey started a DeviantArt group for us to continue Jakaesi. We won't take it as seriously as we once did, it has no update schedule. Jakaesi now exists as something for us all, as friend, to have fun with. Go check it out
4. We've decided to use Jakaesi as an "umbrella" for our respective projects. We remain a team but have no single solitary goal, but rather many of our own individual ones.
But yeah, we thought we should let you guys know since apparently people are still checking in here. There's a few new comics up on the Jak group on DA already, so make sure you go check them out.
Thanks for sticking with us, and we hope you'll enjoy what we've got in store.
HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT.
WE OWN http://jakaesi.net NOW! GO THERE TO READ THE COMIC FROM NOW ON! WOOOO!
This site will be updated reliably for another week or so, but after that updates here will only come in every 2 weeks or so to serve as a mirror. SO CHANGE YOUR BOOKMARKS, FOLKS! JAKAESI.NET!
Sorry the comic's not up yet guys. I'm not sure where it is, haven't been able to get a hold of Doug all day. We'll have something for you tonight, I hope.
THEN tune in Monday (or, if I finish it in time, Sunday!) for a comic I've wanted to make for a solid year!
Then tune in every day for the rest of your life because you love us just that much.
Speaking of tuning in, Jakasts have still been going up, so go give 'em a listen if you want some very, very crude humor in your day (and c'mon, we know you do). If you watch me on DeviantArt, then watch for the journals to come in and listen to the Jakasts live! The next Jakast will be recorded either tonight or Sunday, we're not sure which yet, and we'll have Luke with us (hopefully)!
Let's face it. We're disorganized as all get-out. But we're trying, goddamnit.
Remember when we were talking about Jakaesi.com? We're planning on purchasing the domain in celebration for our 100th comic, not much more than a month from now! We'll keep you updated with that. Doug's managed to build a website, we redesigned the logo and we're itching to get rolling with the next story arc (which may very well start this weekend!)
That's all for now!
Peace, and may the Whoa be with you.
Why yes, I AM so egotistical that I am my own deity. Thank you for asking.
Gonna be quick here.
First of all, we've opened the Jakaesi Forums, so come say hello!
Second, just as a heads up, next week we're jumping up to updates on Mondays and Fridays.
Finally, don't forget the Jakasts have been going online every two weeks or so! Check the Jakast page for the last. We won't be recording this weekend because I'll be away at drill, but next week it's back to Jakasting!
First of all, check it out, Matt's first comic. Wewt.
Now then. Ahem.
AAAAAAHHHHH GOD WE HAVE SO MUCH TO TELL YOU GUYS.
Geez, where to even start with all this?
Alright, uh. Updates, I guess is as good a place as any! If you listened to the podcast, you already know our plan for updating, and if not, shame on you. SHAAAAAME.
But we're aiming to update every Wednesday for these next couple one-shot pages. After a few of those, we'll be moving into an arc of awesomeness thought up by Adam. Obviously.
We promise it won't be as bad as our last arcs.
When we begin that, we'll move up to a Mondays and Fridays schedule, DOUBLING the amount of Jakaesi you get per week!
You lucky dogs, you.
After that, we plan on eventually moving up to three updates a week, M-W-F!
Ummm... Oh, I know. How about JAKAESI.COM? Has a nice ring to it, dunnit? We'll be opening a paypal donation thing soon for anyone who wants to help support us, but don't feel like you absolutely have to. All proceeds will go straight into Jakaesi, none of us will be making any profit. These will go towards the purchase of Jakaesi.com, its upkeep, and any other fees we may soon encounter.
Anyone who donates more than $1 will get a Jakaesi-themed wall paper. We have a couple of them almost finished, and they look pretty sweet. So we hope you enjoy them! They'll rotate out every month.
I'm going to see about hiring a friend of mine to design the actual site, because that's something he wants to do for a living and it should look good on his resumé. We'll pay him for it, of course.
We'll also be opening a forum at that time, so anyone who wants to talk to other Jakaesi members and fans can head on in!
Next on the list is an old project we've been working on for a long time.
By "we" I of course mean "I."
Jakaesi: The Animated Series.
Go change your pants. We can wait.
Okay. Doug and I have written up some scripts, recorded some lines and story boarded some stuff. We've also got a theme song being written for it (EEEEEEEEEEEEE) by He Who Shall Not Be Named Until He Finishes Making It. :3
So we look forward to doing all of that.
Time for another part of the world's classiest podcast!
Click here for part one
And here for part two!
Featured tonight are questions from:
And, we think, but are not sure, one from http://antiimage.deviantart.com
Sorry, the sound is kinda messed up on part two. It was kinda spontaneous.